How to reset the username or password in PowerChute Business Edition
PowerChute Business Edition 9.5, 10.x
In 9.5 you need to create a .ini file called
Save the file in the Agent folder located at either of these locations: C:\ Program Files\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\Agent or
C:\ Program Files (x86)\APC\PowerChute Business Edition\Agent
pcbeConfig.ini text file with a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and add the following:
Enter the new username and password directly after the equals sign.
– The username must be between 6 and 128 characters in length.
– The password requires:
• Minimum 8 and maximum 128 characters in length
• 1 upper and lower case letter
• 1 number or special character
• The username cannot be part of the password.
Restart the APC Agent Service
If it doesn’t work, update to version 10 and follow the same procedure. The
pcbeConfig.ini will already be present
On Linux systems, the default location of the folder is: